DistantNews
Support us
๐Ÿ‡ถ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Qatar /Conflict & Security

Israeli strikes kill two and injure others as Gaza attacks continue

From Al Jazeera · () English

Summarized and contextualized by DistantNews.

At a glance

News Named sources Ongoing story
  • Israeli attacks in Gaza have killed at least two Palestinians in the past 48 hours, according to Gaza's Ministry of Health.
  • An Israeli drone strike in Deir el-Balah killed one person and injured others, hitting a tent area for displaced people.
  • The Health Ministry reported 1,285 Palestinians killed in Israeli attacks since a ceasefire in October 2025, with the overall toll since October 2023 at 73,419.

Israeli forces continue their offensive across Gaza, with recent attacks claiming at least two Palestinian lives in the last 48 hours, as reported by Gaza's Ministry of Health. The ongoing strikes and demolitions compound the dire humanitarian situation, trapping victims under rubble and hindering rescue efforts.

At least two Palestinians have been killed in Israeli attacks in the last 48 hours, Gazaโ€™s Ministry of Health says, as many victims of past strikes remain trapped under rubble, inaccessible to ambulance and rescue crews.

โ€” Gaza's Ministry of HealthReporting on the casualties and the ongoing difficulties faced by rescue services.

A particularly deadly incident occurred when an Israeli drone targeted the al-Hasanat family in Deir el-Balah, a central Gaza city. The strike hit an area crowded with tents housing displaced people, killing one individual and wounding others. Ambulance and civil defense crews responded, transporting the injured to Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital.

Explosions were heard as Israeli forces carried out demolition operations in Deir el-Balah, collapsing targeted homes. Similar actions were reported in the southern city of Khan Younis and eastern Gaza City, where Israeli forces advanced, demolishing property and infrastructure. Artillery attacks also intensified in areas designated as "humanitarian zones," concentrating over two million people into a fraction of the Gaza Strip.

The attack was carried out without warning to the family, in an area crowded with tents of displaced people.

โ€” Ashraf Abu AmraDescribing the circumstances of the drone strike in Deir el-Balah.

Gaza's Health Ministry stated that 1,285 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli attacks since a ceasefire in October 2025. The overall death toll since the conflict began in October 2023 has reached 73,419, with a significant majority being women and children. Authorities caution that this toll remains incomplete, with thousands more feared to be buried under the debris.

Despite the so-called โ€œceasefireโ€ agreed to in October 2025, Gazaโ€™s Health Ministry said on Saturday that 1,285 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli attacks since then. Overall, since Israelโ€™s genocidal war began in October 2023, 73,419 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza, most of them women and children.

โ€” Gaza's Health MinistryProviding casualty figures since a specific ceasefire date and the overall death toll since the conflict's inception.
DistantNews Editorial

Originally published by Al Jazeera. Summarized and contextualized by our editorial team with added local perspective. Read our editorial standards.