Prince Harry and Meghan reportedly plan UK return this month
Translated from German, summarized and contextualized by DistantNews.
At a glance
- Prince Harry and Meghan are reportedly planning to move back to the UK with their children this month, more than six years after leaving royal duties.
- The couple is expected to settle in a private residence outside London and enroll their children in school starting in September.
- This potential return comes after years of strained relations with the Royal Family, though King Charles III is reportedly pleased about the prospect of seeing his grandchildren more often.
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan are reportedly planning a return to their native Britain, according to media reports. The couple, who moved to California more than six years ago after stepping down from royal duties, are said to be planning to bring their children back to the United Kingdom this month.
British media outlets, including the "Daily Telegraph" and "The Sun," first reported the potential move. The family is expected to reside in a private accommodation outside of London and enroll their children in school there starting in September. Other British media, such as the BBC and PA news agency, have also reported on the relocation plans.
While there has been no official confirmation from the couple or the Palace, the news has generated significant buzz. Headlines like "Harry's coming home" and "Megxit Bombshell" reflect the public's reaction. Reports suggest that the Royal Family was informed of the plans on short notice, with King Charles III reportedly learning of the Sussexes' intended return only on Sunday. Despite a historically strained relationship with the Royal Family, Charles is said to be delighted at the prospect of seeing his grandchildren more frequently. Prince William and Kate are also reportedly aware of the situation.
This decision comes more than six years after the couple's "Megxit" in 2020, when they relinquished their royal responsibilities and moved to California. Queen Elizabeth II was reportedly deeply affected by their departure. Harry has expressed a desire for reconciliation in the past, and he met with his father, Charles, in London in September 2025. Last month, the King met his son's family at his Highgrove residence in Gloucestershire, England. This was the first time Archie and Lilibet had seen their grandfather since 2022. Queen Camilla was also reportedly present at the recent meeting. The details of their discussions remain private, but "The Telegraph" suggests that a return to Britain was discussed.
Originally published by Neue Zรผrcher Zeitung in German. Translated, summarized, and contextualized by our editorial team with added local perspective. Read our editorial standards.